Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Filet o Fish

With plenty of ong choy left over from last night, all I had to do was fry up some fish tonight.

Simple, yet oddly alluring and causes salivation...much like me.

Bought a 10 oz. piece of seasoned salmon from Whole Foods for pan frying to make a quick, no-frills dinner. Because I love fried salmon skin, I scaled the filet with this lovely tool. Now sans scales, heat some oil in a pan on medium high heat. As soon the oil is hot, put the fish in skin-side up, i.e., skin facing you. Let cook for 2 minutes. Flip and fry for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes before eating, which happens to be a great time to snap some pictures.

The middle will be medium-well when removed from the stove and then the carryover heat will finish the cooking process. This cooking method gives you a piece of salmon that's crispy on both sides and very moist and tender in the middle. And the best part is it took very little time. With scaling including, it only took me 15 minutes to cook up. If there was an Olympic event in speed cooking, I think I'd have a shot.

No comments: