Monday, July 21, 2008

Surf and Chippy Cream

To be truer to my blog's purpose, I'm posting larger pictures from now on.

Tonight, my amazing wife made a wonderful dinner: sea bass with baby spinach and mushrooms. And she did all that in the time it took me to jog 2 miles; whether she's really fast or I'm really slow, I'll let you decide.

The sea bass was baked in a foil pouch on top a bed of baby spinach. To the fish, she added olive oil, soy sauce, rice wine, garlic, herbs, lime juice and fleur de sel with dried garlic and basil. This bag o' happiness was baked at 400ºF for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, she sautéed mushrooms in a buttery red and rice wine sauce. The result: a drooling husband.

Happiness does fit on a plate.

Then for dessert, she made some Nestlē chocolate chip cookies baked to perfection. But it didn't stop there. To the two warm, fresh-baked, ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies, we added a plenitudinous dollop of Jet-puffed marshmallow cream. The ooey-gooey factor increased exponentially. I dub this the Chippy Cream Delight®. Thank goodness for the 2-mile jog. Now I only need to jog another 4 to burn it off.

As you can see, I put the top cookie on upside-down. This was the outcome of two factors: (1) my excitement about the Chippy Cream, and (2) my wife yelling, "Hurry up and take the picture! I want my cookie!!!"

No comments: